Super Bowl/ Sporting Events
Super Bowl parties are full of good friends, great football,
and game-day traditions! Start considering some simple routines and tips so
that you have a safer and healthier Sunday.
Pre-Game Warm Up!
- Eat in advance - Sometimes we think that if we
hold off eating we can take in all of our calories at the big game, however,
this is not the best plan of action! Keep to your regular schedule of balanced
meals throughout the day so that you won't go in to the party starving and
ready to devour everything.
- Hydrate - Drink plenty of water between meals to
stay hydrated throughout the day. Don't forget to match every alcoholic
beverage with a glass of water so that you not only reduce your intake of empty
calories but stay safe.
Every coach has a
playbook ...Come prepared with your own strategies and equipment to win!
- Keep the food in a separate room away from the
TV to avoid mindlessly grazing.
- Provide small plates, small cups of dip and
salsa, and small serving spoons to keep portions under control.
- Bring your own healthy dish to guarantee that
you'll have one nutritious choice to put on your plate.
Whether hosting or attending -
consider these easy swaps for a healthier game-day spread
- Swap fattier meat like beef for turkey or
chicken. Consider turkey burgers or chicken sausages as an alternative to
traditional burgers and brats!
- Incorporate veggies as much as possible!
- Load up your famous chili with peppers, onions,
- Pass the nachos and chips for fresh cut veggies
when eating dips
- When using Dairy products like cheeses and
yogurts, make sure you opt for low-fat
to help keep calories and saturated fat under control.
- Remember that we always have the option to bake
and grill our food instead of frying!
- Swap cakes and cookies for fresh fruit! Skewer
them and grill them up or serve them with dipping sauces like vanilla yogurt.
Try out some of these healthier dishes for Super Bowl Sunday!