Sometimes we are just too busy and need a quick meal. There are healthy alternatives to the usual unhealthy fast food offerings. For a healthier fast-food option, consider:
- Plain or whole grain bagel, English muffin, or whole grain toast
- Oatmeal makes a great breakfast but ask for the fixings on the side to control calories
- Order breakfast sandwiches without butter or margarine
- Grilled chicken, sliced meats or even a regular 2 oz. hamburger on a bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion; use low calorie condiments like mustard and ketchup
- Baked potatoes with salsa or chili instead of butter or sour cream
- Grilled chicken or salad bar (stick to vegetable toppings with vinaigrette dressings)
- Review the nutrition menu listed on many fast-food websites so when you're on the go you can choose wisely!